XAT 2019- All you need to know before taking the exam
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur will conduct Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2019 on Sunday, January 6, 2019, from 10 am to 1 pm, on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI).
If you have applied for XAT 2019 exam, then you must know some important things about it to crack the exam with high score. Also you must read XAT 2019 Last Minutes Strategies and Expert Tips to increase your chances of performing well in the exam.
What’s New in XAT 2019
- Test Duration- Earlier, the duration of the XAT exam was of 3.35 hrs but from this year onwards, it will be conducted in 3 hours duration
- Change of XAT Test Centre- From now onwards, you can apply for the change of your test center. You just have to write an email to email@example.com, mentioning your XAT ID, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, City Chosen and updated city. You can only apply once for the change in the test center and this is valid till November 30, 2018.
- Exam Pattern- Essay Writing section has been removed from the exam pattern of XAT 2019.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Sections in XAT 2019 Exam
||No. of Questions
|Verbal and Logical Ability
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
XAT 2019 Marking Scheme
- Each question in the XAT 2019 exam carries 1 mark.
- For every wrong answer, 1/4th of the total marks allotted to a question will be deducted.
- Negative marking is also there. 1/4th of a mark may be deducted for each incorrect answer and 0.05 mark will get deducted for every unattempted question beyond 8.
To all the aspirants who are appearing for XAT 2019 exam, there are some do’s and don’ts for the exam day which you must know to avoid any last minute hassle.
XAT 2019 Selection Procedure
Selection Procedure of XAT 2019 exam will only start after the result and cut-off of the exam will get declared.
Usually, the selection procedure is a two-step process:
- First, candidates get shortlisted on the basis of their XAT exam score and the institute’s cutoff.
- Then, they would be called for Writing Ability Test or Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
There are some participating institutes which conduct GD and PI for the final selection while some institutes conduct WAT and PI. The B-schools may also consider criteria like past academic records, work experience or the overall profile of a candidate.
There are approx. 150 top B-Schools in India which consider the score of XAT 2019. NDIM is one of those 150 B-Schools that consider XAT 2019 score to take admission in its MBA /PGDM Programme.
NDIM is the only B-School in India that is awarded with AICTE award twice in a row, 2017 and 2018.